This is turning into the funniest case ever; in fact, it is so funny it could turn sad. This was the second status hearing on D’Mona Ross changing her plea from guilty over a year ago and then giving sworn testimony to various government agencies to not guilty. It just does not make sense to me but as you all know, I am not a lawyer so maybe it makes sense to them.
I was feeling a little sorry for her current attorney but then I really started paying attention to what he was saying and it made me curious to learn a few things:
(1) Where and how D’Mona obtained her new attorney?
(2) Has he been paid? In full? By whom?
(3) If you are trying to change a long standing plea why not be in court to actually hear for yourself what is being said?
(4) Who suggested that at this stage when the final trial for your co-defendant was to start that you NOW try to change your plea?
(5) Who really will benefit from you changing your plea?
(6) When you are called to testify in your co-defendant’s trial are you going to tell the truth?
(7) Did you ever get around to reading the testimony your co-defendant gave to the Attorney Registration & Disciplinary Commission (ARDC) filed March 30, 2011 when co-defendant Avalon Betts Gaston ended up being disbarred? It is posted on my web site; if I remember correctly you were blamed then. (“Respondent had no experience with mortgage loans, so she trusted Ross to handle that aspect of the business. Regarding IJCN, Respondent trusted Ross, and Ross took advantage of her. If Respondent knew what Ross was doing, she never would have gotten involved with her.”) I wonder if you are being set up? Do you think there could be a possibility you are going to be blamed again?
(8) Will your co-defendant’s attorney be able to tear you to shreds on the stand and call you a liar? Will your co-defendant get jail time or will it be you? Will the light bulb go off then?
(9) Are you aware by wanting to change your plea you run the risk of losing the immunity that you had? You know, the immunity that could have kept you out of a jail cell?
(10) WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS WHEN YOU WERE HOME FREE? DID SOMEONE PUT YOU UP TO THIS? WHO PUT YOU UP TO THIS? ARE YOU BEING PAID TO CHANGE YOUR PLEA? HAVE YOU PRAYED OVER THIS ACTION?
WHY, WHY, WHY?
Those are just a few questions that crossed my mind. Again, WHY lose the possibility of your freedom and be branded a liar when you were home free? I have an idea, maybe, just maybe, you should come to court June 27, 2014 9:15am (be there by 9) just a thought.
I am going to close this by reminding all I am not a lawyer and these are my thoughts. You do whatever floats your boat.