If only migraines were as easy to deal with as a knee replacement
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Upcoming Trial Dated: 01/19/2015
I have been thinking how fed up I have become with this whole mess and if I should attend the final trial which is for the disbarred lawyer Avalon e’lan Betts-Gaston. Part of me needs to go so that I can (1) put closure to the whole thing and (2) complete my book on the whole experience. I need to really think about this. I can give myself closure without attending the trial and sentencing for D’Mona Ross (and hopefully the attorney also) but I also think it is important that my presence be made especially as this is a new judge.
Whereas with the previous judge I was always in court unless a migraine just forced me not to be there Judge Norgle has never seen the victims sitting on the front row in this case and I think it is important that faces not just numbers but real faces, victims be present. This case is for me at least the most important of them all for it comes down to if you cannot trust the lawyers then the people have no legal recourse. I have to really give this some serious thought.
I also think it is important that I write about this, which may also be a way I can then put it behind me. In order to write what happened to me then I need to follow the case of disbarred attorney Avalon Betts-Gaston from beginning to end.
Well, I have until April I do not have to decide right now. (As there have been continuances after continuances; status hearings, trial dates, etc. April might not be the trial start date. How can she keep putting this off?)
Trial Scheduled for Avalon Betts-Gaston Dated: 01/17/2015
Trial currently scheduled to begin for Avalon Betts-Gaston April 27, 2015 10am Judge Charles R. Norgle Sr.
Dirksen Courthouse 219 S. Dearborn Street Chicago, Illinois 60604
Sentencing D’Mona Ross Dated: 12/17/2014
D’Mona Ross (Johnson) was scheduled to be sentenced December 22, 2014 at 9:45am which has now been changed until after her co-defendant Avalon Betts-Gaston’s trial which is yet to be scheduled. Avalon Betts-Gaston does have (another) Notice of Motion scheduled for January 6, 2015 at 8:45am
219 S. Dearborn Street
Chicago, Illinois 60604
Court Docket Number 1:11-CR-00502
Update on Avalon Betts Gaston Court Date Dated: 12/02/2014
Once again the trial has to be rescheduled. Now that D’Mona Ross will be testifying for the government another Notice of Motion will be held in January 6, 2015 at 8:45am
CHANGED SEE ABOVE: The Notice of Motion will be Thursday December 4, 2014 at 9:15am and trial for Avalon Betts Gaston is scheduled for December 15, 2014. I will post if this changes (again).
See website for additional information: www.fedupandfightingback.com
Keeping this blog going Dated: 07/19/2014
I will be so glad when all of this is finished and I can put these people behind me. I was asked why I do not write more; the question had me stumped to say the least. I thought I was doing a lot. So for those of you who feel that I should be giving out or saying more about the players PLEASE understand my sole purpose is to share information on what happen to me. I am not interested in beating the “players” to the ground, (they may say differently) but to inform what happened and how the courts are dealing with them. Once they have been convicted (or not) in federal court, are in prison as with Felix Daniel I bless them, and release them, period. The web site and this blog hopefully will help others going through the loss of their homes via mortgage fraud. Now if you are asking do I like these people? No, I do not like them but I do love me; and I love me enough to fight back and know that what I do is necessary for others and myself. I had to fight back and yes, once this is over I release them, bless them, and wish them peace in their lives. I am learning hard as it may be to let go, harboring hurt and anger only hurts me, they could care less.
The web site and the blog will stay up for all who may need the information on them. For awhile I have been thinking about starting another blog but since I recognize I am not that everyday kind of blogger, (Twitter, Facebook and I seldom see one another) I probably will keep this and whenever I have a “deep” thought I’ll post. Another thought I have had is the blog name, at this time I really want another positive uplifting name but Fed Up And Fighting Back is well known and considering how seldom I will write I probably will keep the name but other things beside conversations about these folks will be posted. I tend to have some wild thoughts flittering through my mind especially right after a migraine!
California Highway Police Attacking Unarmed Woman Dated: 07/05/2014
Reposting video of police attacking unarmed woman with his fists. The comments are just as disgusting as he it. ENOUGH; it is time to stand up!
I am a diabetic and if my sugar drops I become incoherent, based upon this so called “officer” it can be open season on diabetics especially if your Black. So now California; WHAT NOW?
D’Mona Ross DETERMINATION Dated: 06/27/2014
Once more into the void! My biggest question must be D’Mona Ross what are you thinking? Well as it was expected, Judge Shadur REFUSED to allow D’Mona Ross to withdraw her plea of guilty made on February 13, 2013. Judge Shadur AGAIN stated from the transcript that D’Mona Ross had made her guilty plea under her own free will and in addition, she told the court in her own words with her own voice what she had done in the mortgage fraud. Judge Shadur said there was no predicate (I think that was the word) to withdraw her plea and her plea of guilty stands. My personal impression was that the Judge was not please about having to cancel a trial that was ready to start (the trial of co-defendant Avalon Betts Gaston).
At this time D’Mona Ross’ attorney Scott Kamin will have to discuss with her a date for sentencing. I just don’t understand; how can a person that possibly had her freedom, (all she had to do was tell the truth), already testified (dropped a dime) on her co-defendant and others to various federal agencies and now after all is said and done, only her co-defendant is left for trial, does this tactic come up. I just do not get it. It makes me ask questions again.
(1) Why on earth wasn’t D’Mona Ross in court today of all days when the judge was making the decision that could possibly send her to federal prison?
(2) Was she fully aware of what was being said in open court and how via her attorney she sounded like an idiot (my opinion of course)?
(3) Why now when Avalon Betts Gaston was going to trial?
(4) Did D’Mona Ross ever get around to reading the transcript of Avalon Betts Gaston’s disbarment? Did she know in that transcript she was blamed; the mastermind?
(5) Who hired Attorney Kamin? Who recommended him to you?
(6) Has the thought crossed D’Mona Ross’ mind there may be a strong possibility that she may be called a liar and the architect of the mortgage fraud by Avalon Betts Gaston’s new lawyer who seems to be a sharp cookie.
(7) D’Mona, were you promised something if you changed your plea (my thoughts again). Did it never cross your mind that a sharp lawyer whose goal it is will be to get her client acquitted would not use your flip-flop as another way to discredit you and put the scam on your shoulders? It will be interesting to see once Avalon Betts Gaston’s’ trial begins if you are called a liar and how many times. Will you be the fall guy (again)?
(8) It is too bad you do not read my blog or web site. (See 06/23/2014 blog) You might have thought first what do; what you have to lose or is this another fraud where you may take the blame; the entire transcript is on the web site. All you had to do was READ and you might have thought how well you had it with possibly no jail time versus now sentencing with possibly jail. Do you really want to be the one in jail; girl I hope you got something out of it. To me (my opinion) it sounds like you have been seriously PLAYED!
Next: D’Mona Ross’ sentencing date which I will post when it becomes available.
The scheduling of the trial for Avalon Betts Gaston may be in November 2014 but I will post the actual date as soon as it becomes available.
D’Mona Ross 2nd Status Hearing Dated: 06/23/2014
This is turning into the funniest case ever; in fact, it is so funny it could turn sad. This was the second status hearing on D’Mona Ross changing her plea from guilty over a year ago and then giving sworn testimony to various government agencies to not guilty. It just does not make sense to me but as you all know, I am not a lawyer so maybe it makes sense to them.
I was feeling a little sorry for her current attorney but then I really started paying attention to what he was saying and it made me curious to learn a few things:
(1) Where and how D’Mona obtained her new attorney?
(2) Has he been paid? In full? By whom?
(3) If you are trying to change a long standing plea why not be in court to actually hear for yourself what is being said?
(4) Who suggested that at this stage when the final trial for your co-defendant was to start that you NOW try to change your plea?
(5) Who really will benefit from you changing your plea?
(6) When you are called to testify in your co-defendant’s trial are you going to tell the truth?
(7) Did you ever get around to reading the testimony your co-defendant gave to the Attorney Registration & Disciplinary Commission (ARDC) filed March 30, 2011 when co-defendant Avalon Betts Gaston ended up being disbarred? It is posted on my web site; if I remember correctly you were blamed then. (“Respondent had no experience with mortgage loans, so she trusted Ross to handle that aspect of the business. Regarding IJCN, Respondent trusted Ross, and Ross took advantage of her. If Respondent knew what Ross was doing, she never would have gotten involved with her.”) I wonder if you are being set up? Do you think there could be a possibility you are going to be blamed again?
(8) Will your co-defendant’s attorney be able to tear you to shreds on the stand and call you a liar? Will your co-defendant get jail time or will it be you? Will the light bulb go off then?
(9) Are you aware by wanting to change your plea you run the risk of losing the immunity that you had? You know, the immunity that could have kept you out of a jail cell?
(10) WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS WHEN YOU WERE HOME FREE? DID SOMEONE PUT YOU UP TO THIS? WHO PUT YOU UP TO THIS? ARE YOU BEING PAID TO CHANGE YOUR PLEA? HAVE YOU PRAYED OVER THIS ACTION?
WHY, WHY, WHY?
Those are just a few questions that crossed my mind. Again, WHY lose the possibility of your freedom and be branded a liar when you were home free? I have an idea, maybe, just maybe, you should come to court June 27, 2014 9:15am (be there by 9) just a thought.
I am going to close this by reminding all I am not a lawyer and these are my thoughts. You do whatever floats your boat.
D’Mona Ross 1st Status Hearing Dated: 06/05/2014
This was the funniest court procedure I have ever seen! Let us get started; as I stated below D’Mona Ross has decided to withdraw her February 15, 2013 plea from GUILTY along with her freely made admission in open court of admitting her part in the mortgage fraud to not guilty. Her new attorney, Scott Kamin, who at times appeared (at least to me) to be very confused (?) seem to be winging it. At one point he even called her “his potential client” (does that mean he has not been paid in full yet and could that be a reason this is dragging on?)
Mr. Kamin gave the excuse that he could not open the CD’s and review the discovery for the case and needed additional time; even though he had informed the court a month ago that Ross wanted to change her plea. I would suggest that Mr. Kamin find himself a five-year-old child to teach him how to open a CD on a computer! It was then pointed out to him that his failure to open the CD was not grounds to change her plea after all D’Mona Ross said in her OWN words that her conduct was why she was GUILTY of the charges.
(Now this is where it got funny to me; I am writing this to be best of my memory.)
Judge Shadur: her plea was not depended on how much discovery had taken place. At this time, Ross (via her attorney Scott Kamin) has not conveyed to Judge Shadur why her plea should be withdrawn.
Attorney Scott Kamin: there is a good faith base to withdraw her plea; her plea was not made voluntary
Judge Shadur: did she lie to me?
(This is where I had to hold my laughter)
Attorney Scott Kamin: no, I don’t think she lied; she just felt she didn’t do anything wrong
Judge Shadur: that is not an accurate interpretation. Are you saying I lead her down the wrong path; that I entrapped her?
Attorney Scott Kamin: no, I am not saying that.
Judge Shadur then explained to her new attorney EVERYTHING that went on when Ross made her plea including how she first did not want to admit guilt and how he then told her he could not accept her plea. Two days later after conferring with her then attorney, Ross made a FULL admission of guilt and accepted her role in the frauds. At that time, Judge Shadur (to the best of my memory) asked her at least twice was she making the admission of her own free will and was she making it because she was guilty. Ross said yes and then Judge Shadur took it one step further and asked Ross to explain her part in the fraud which she did.
Finally, Judge Shadur asked to see the transcripts of Ross’s GUILTY plea and continued the status hearing until Monday June 9, 2014 9:30am
This is a small outline of what was said but I wonder how Ross could admit what she did, snitch on others and now want to back herself out of the fraud.
Because of her change of mind the trial for Avalon Betts Gaston must now be rescheduled, witnesses rescheduled, etc. Now my thought is wouldn’t she have come out better doing what she originally said and agreed to; tell the truth and make a deal, tell on everyone and possibly get probation for being a snitch (and remember she has for the past year and a half cooperated with the government) or run the risk of getting serious jail time.
I think if I was a lawyer I would call her my “potential client” also. I wonder how long this attorney will be around?
After looking at Mr. Kamin’s website, he appears to be very competent so I just wonder WHY.
Attorney Scott T. Kamin
55 E Jackson Blvd #1050
Chicago, IL 60604