Step III: Asking
To ask means to claim, invite, and demand (my personal thought is I would have difficult with the “demand” when I’m asking of God; I think I should demand of myself not God)
- To ask is to declare what is already true spiritually
- We ask with our thoughts, feelings, words, actions, and reactions
- Thoughts held in mind produce after their own kind
Asking: The word “ASK” is to claim or demand. Demand or invite your dream. “Ask, and it will be given you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened for you” Matthew 7:7 (NRSV)
I already know what to do; the how, why, and so what is stopping me from getting my flow back — why am I afraid?
My fear reflects my lack of faith
Ask of God; demand of myself
Potential requires me to make a decision
God is not going to make me pursue my dream; that is up to me
God says open up so I may bless you with your hearts desire
I must decide where I want to be
My decisions are mine to make and live
My dream – my work to accomplish
It has been true in the past that I haven’t asked because I didn’t want to hear the word “no” or I may have felt unworthy – NO LONGER
I have to A.S.K. in order to G.E.T.
Claim in Power using the power of my imagination
Imagination is the formative power in my mind
I must be careful of and for my imagination for it can be used both positively and negatively
Be in the right location (my correct mind) to claim my good
My good is chasing after me however I must be prepared and in my right place to receive all of God’s good that is just for me
I must grow first and correctly in my mind AND feelings!!
Applying the Power of Imagination
- Make sure I’m seeing myself as God created me. Judge myself as “wonderfully” made
- Recognize that imagination is the gateway to receive mu God-given gifts, the ability for my growth. There is a time and place for everything I’m working on today and planning for my future.
- Keep my imagination to myself!
- Use my imagination to see myself as I am not as others see me. See me in truth made in the image and likeness of God. Do not accommodate others who are attempting to pull me down
- I ask with my thoughts, words, actions, and reactions. I and only I set the stage for my blessings